The Blyden Branch opened July 19, 1921 in a single room of the original Booker T. Washington High School on Princess Anne Road. It provided library service for the city’s approximately 43,000 African American residents, and was the first library for African Americans supported by a municipality in Virginia. Blyden Branch moved to Johnson Avenue and Church Street in 1938 and to its current location at 879 E. Princess Anne Road in 1957.
Click here to read more about the history
Bucket of Monkeys Improv Troupe
Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event
- Date: 06/24/2017 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Blyden Branch
879 E. Princess Anne Rd.
Norfolk, Virginia 23504
Kickoff Summer Reading with Children’s Theatre of Hampton Roads' Bucket of Monkeys' production of "Robin Hood."